The best artificial turf will solve most of your backyard issues. Minimal maintenance, all-year beauty, better safety for pets and kids, and 10 to 15+ years of use are just some of the reasons why thousands of homeowners are making the switch.
However, covering your lawn with turf does require an upfront investment. If you enjoy doing home improvement projects and don’t mind getting your hands dirty, you can save some money by installing turf yourself.
Note that successful DIY artificial grass installation depends a lot on the quality of materials you use, especially the turf. With so many synthetic grass products available out there, deciding on which to buy can be confusing.
Don’t let it overwhelm you! These simple buying tips will help you identify high-quality grass and how to choose the right one for your project.
Try Before You Buy
Never buy turf blind. Remember, you’ll be using this for a decade or more, so scrutinize products carefully. A few ways to do this are:
- Request for free samples from suppliers that can be picked up if local or sent to your home
- Check for guarantee detail on the supplier’s website
- Read testimonials from their previous customers
- Cheap doesn’t automatically mean better – always compare prices to get the ideal balance between quality and cost
- Since you’re doing this DIY, budget in the base costs and any delivery before buying
There are retail-only turf companies where you can get the best artificial turf in San Jose and accessories you need for installation. The key is to find good products and make sure you’re dealing with a trustworthy supplier.
Qualities to Look for in Artificial Grass
Once you have a sample in hand, here are the qualities to look for:
- A realistic look and feel that doesn’t look like plastic
- Soft texture that feels gentle on the skin, which is particularly important if you have children or shopping for pet turf
- Hole-punch drainage or flow-through, drainage is another item to consider. High blade density so it doesn’t look patchy, but uniformly lush
- Lifelike shades of green
Remember that you get what you pay for when buying the best artificial turf. You may be able to save money by buying cheap turf, but beware— you’ll likely end up with a poor looking lawn that’s uncomfortable underfoot, and may not last as long.
However, you don’t have to spend a fortune on artificial grass either. There are turf suppliers who offer products at a fair price point for any buyer. Again, be sure to do your research and explore your options.
Artificial Turf Express: Everything You Need for Successful DIY Installation
At Artificial Turf Express, we understand how fulfilling it can be to install your brand-new synthetic lawn. Knowing that your beautiful backyard is the result of your hard work makes the investment more valuable.
Let us help you ensure a successful project. We can supply everything you need to install the landscapes, petscapes, the best putting greens, and more. Call Artificial Turf Express at 408-317-4730 and let us know how we can help with your project!